Hot n Spicy Degi Biryani Recipe- straight out of doors of restaurant’s kitchen to your kitchen counters.
Steam Up Your Dinner Tables!
Today, I’m sharing my secret recipe for Degi Chicken Biryani which can beat every restaurant-style dish. Biryani makes its route to a house every week. When you are out of time and have to win over hearts- this easy and finger-licking dish is there to help you out. The Sourness of Chicken suberized by potatoes to satisfy your appetite.
Biryani resides in heart of every Pakistani- it is known in every street of the city-but with every street its taste varies. Biryani has been evolved in many ways from a simple combination of meat and spiced up rice to steam up biryani combined with potatoes and tomatoes.
And when talking about Biryani- Chicken needs to be remembered. Chicken complements Biryani well that tender chicken cooks really fast and nurtures the taste and look of your dish.
Degi Chicken Biryani is an amalgamation of mouth-melting fried potatoes and tinging spices. Layers of Rice is coated with yogurt and delicious spices and pastes and top up with vibrant food colors -to give palatable texture. Degi Biryani is simple to cook but leaves a long-lasting impact on eater’s taste buds. Tempering that exquisite-looking biryani on your dinner table- is like the magical illusion that excites up the appetite of eaters.
Chicken Biryani is mostly paired up with green or plum chutney or with herbed yogurt and to cut the heat of spices a lemonade or soft drink can be sipped with every bite. Whether it’s a family dinner or any festive. This dish makes its way to the menu and is loved by everyone in all its forms. Biryani is the most experimented dish with just adding or altering any ingredient you can vary its taste every time you cook-this is what Beef Biryani is all about- you can create your version of it.
Chicken Degi Biryani Recipe Tips
Just to add a little more deliciousness.
- Bone-in meat is preferred to elevate the flavors. Chicken is mostly picked up rather than other red meats.
- Cut-off extra skin over the meat to make it tender.
- Large surface area non-stick cooking utensil plays an important part in imparting taste.
- Top up spices like cumin and coriander should always be added just before serving- to complete the taste and to make dish more appealing.
- The fusion of different spices can elevate the taste. So the amount of each spice should be measure carefully.
Ingredients of Chicken Degi Biryani Recipe
- ½ kg chicken
- 2 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 Curry leaf
- 250 gm Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon whole spices
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ kg potatoes
Ingredients for rice
- 500 grams rice
- 1 tablespoon mix all spices
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tomato slices
- ½ bunch Green coriander
- ½ bunch Mint
- 10 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ¾ cup Fried onion
- ¾ tsp Nutmeg, mace powder
- 1 teaspoon All spices powder
- 200 grams Yogurt
- Yellow food color as required
- Screw pine few drops
- butter 1 cup Clarified butter
Sliced Ginger and green chili, lemon slices
Chicken Degi Biryani Recipe Step by Step instructions:
Step 1: Mixing spices
- On a largely opened pan or wok add water, yogurt, salt, oil, crushes chilies, coriander powder, tomatoes, garlic and ginger paste, and all spices. Then on the medium flame- let the spices dissolve in the solution a mixture is formed.
Step 2: Searing Chicken
- After searing the spices add oil- take a separate pan and heat it a little and then add boiled chicken pieces into the hot oil. Let the chicken cook in that pan for 10 minutes until the discoloration of the chicken appears. Once the chicken is cooked potatoes can be added.
Step 3: Preparation of Potatoes
- Now add potatoes in a pan and fry them until they are half tendered or cook
Step 4: Preparation of Gravy
- To make gravy, add yogurt and food color to the pan containing chicken.
- Now add fried onions, tomato slices, plums, coriander leaves, mint leaves, garam masala, and finely chopped ginger. And cover the pan with a lid and let the chicken soak up all the spices
Step 5: Adding layers
- Now add boiled rice to the mixture and let it simmer for half an hour. Your Mutton biryani is ready to serve.
Step 6: Garnishing
- Garnish your dish with chilies, sliced ginger and coriander, and few slices of lemon to add sourness.
- Ready to serve-dish waiting to be ensemble with herb yogurt (raita) and green chutney.
Nutrition: Calories: 348 kcal
Degi Chicken Biryani has a tendency to experiment. You can make it spicy and make it taste calm and tender. Degi Chicken Biryani takes a little effort to project something as tempting as a fusion restaurant-style dish.
You can complement it with vegetable salad – herb yogurt or a chutney- to make it taste different with every bite. A simple dish- with multiple fragmented flavors. So just hurry up to try this mouth-watering dish.
A wok or utensil which is being used for Chicken biryani should be selected carefully. As stated in its name ‘biryani’ requires a special vessel to be cooked in. a shallow and large-mouthed pan is required.
- If you are using packaged spices rather than homemade spices. The amount of the spices should be catered according to the instructions. Out of a variety of spices, choosing the best can be tricky. The packaged masala which really brings a home-like taste to your dish is Shan Masalas, their spices really bring the true essence of flavors.
- Beef and mutton can also be used as a protein in this dish- but as we know these red meat takes up a lot of time to cook that is why chicken is preferred when you are running out of time.
- Chicken should be cooked at high flame for a limited time otherwise it will extract out all the juiciness of chicken leaving it dry.
- Salted butter or charcoal must be a key ingredient to your biryani because it brings the charred taste and do justice to the biryani.
- You can sprinkle mint leaves or put sliced tomatoes on the topmost layer of biryani brings freshness to your dish and it will complement other spices.
- It’s up to you whether you use fresh yogurt or processed one- but in my opinion, fresh yogurt is better it’s nutrients add extra flavor and gives the biryani a soft texture.
- To add a little more taste or a complement to your biriyani you can also serve it with some leftover gravy.
- Don’t forget to add tempering before serving.
- To make your biryani a royal one- you can add roasted cashew nuts and walnuts.
Green Chutney (add-on)
Add mint leaves, coriander, cumin lemon juice, garlic ginger and green chilies in a blender and pour some water. Blend all ingredients to get texture of a chutney. To add extra spiciness you can add red chilies too.
Herb Yogurt (add-on)
Add yogurt, 2 tablespoon water, vinegar, olive oil, parsley, garlic, and ½ tablespoon of salt and pepper in a blender and blend it until we get a smooth mixture. And then put this mixture in the freezer and let it chill. It is served chill.